Responsible for supervising, scheduling, and coordinating Repairs, Maintenance and Facilities activities necessary for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment, systems, structures, and grounds. Total stores facilities management responsibility; electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, food service equipment, point of sale equipment, and fuel systems.
- Ensures the safe, proper, and efficient operation and utilization of all equipment and systems. Establishes and maintains a continuously improving preventative and predictive maintenance program.
- Leads team of 5 to 25 Maintenance Technicians via the associated Team Leads / Service Managers
- Manages relationship with 3rd Party Vendors
- Maintains the proper training and utilization of an accurate computerized maintenance management system and ensures accurate and up-to-date records, logs, and equipment files. Coordinates on the job training, cross training, and primary training.
- Management of construction projects, service contracts and subcontract services. Performs and completes all assigned tasks relative to facilities, maintenance, construction, safety, and environmental.
- Provides 24 hour support to Store Operations
- Provides on-site and off-site support to HQ and satellite operations in all facilities matters. Ensures safety among respective stakeholders.
- Maintains a current library of all electrical codes, building codes, BOCA codes, mechanical codes, and local regulations governing construction and subsystems. Ensures all facility drawings and schematics are accurate to as-built conditions.
- Tracks the life cycle of all critical equipment.
- Provides guidance to teams on development, performance and productivity issues. Assists in hands on maintenance if necessary.
- Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
- Degree highly preferred and essential for advancement
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience, two (2) of which must be in a leadership position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Drive forklift and company vehicles, hold a valid State Driver License and excellent driving record; operate and communicate using 2-way radio.
- Certified or licensed in a specialized maintenance discipline with a working knowledge of all additional maintenance disciplines
- Must have a solid background in Managing Facility Maintenance with emphasis on mechanical and electrical knowledge within the convenience store / fuels marketing and/or other small format retail environments
- Must be Internal Customer Focused
- Will be required to be on 24/7 call to address emergency or operational issues
- Continuous Improvement and Process oriented, able to develop, deploy, measure, and sustain improved operational performance
- Advanced problem solver, out of the box solution provider
- Experience with creating and manage to a budget is preferred (departmental expenses and CapEx)
- Experience with Hazmat, Safety, Environmental monitoring is preferred
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Thought Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Acting
- People Leadership
- Develop & Motivate
- Fosters Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Results Leadership
- Excellent Communication
- Results Driven
- Personal Leadership
- Possess Self Awareness
- Interpersonal & Relationship Skills
Excellent working environment with autonomy and high levels of participation in the company vision and strategy development.
Bonus program, strong benefits, relocation assistance